Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Discover your Elder Scrolls.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Postby Tantus » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Tamriel Journal has the recipes up for Enchanting and Alchemy. Maybe cheating? but saves on materials!

I've been trying out some Addons, from ESOUI. Keep in mind, Addons aren't extracted to your ESO install directory. They go to C:\..\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns

Foundry Tactical Combat, displays damage inflicted/received and buffs/debuffs.
Loot Drop, keeps you informed of what you're auto-looting.
Multi-Quest Tracker, lists multiple active quests on the side
ESO Head, helps keep the ESOHead site updated and required for...
ESOHead Markers, populates your map with every resource you've gathered. And comes with skyshard locations.
ZR Minimap, adds a minimap! I wouldn't use one normally, but it works well with ESO Markers for harvesting nodes.
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:05 am

the pvp is freaking amazing. youre running with a horde of like 100 players against another 100 players, and you know another 100 players is somewhere in the distance waiting to backstab and flank the both of you
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:21 am

Theoden wrote:the pvp is freaking amazing. youre running with a horde of like 100 players against another 100 players, and you know another 100 players is somewhere in the distance waiting to backstab and flank the both of you

And yet nobody can cry invalid for a change :lol:
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 am

Be careful when you set up your subscription. Right now, for reasons I don't really understand, Zenimax is holding the FULL amount of the subscription (whether it's a 1 month or a 6 month) as a "pre-authorization." The hold will eventually fall off, but it freezes the cash in your account while it's up and can cause you to bounce checks.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Cassie

Postby Cassie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:58 am

Leah: You pay in advance basically no?
In any case I am not going beyond 1 or 2 months but I am quite interested on the time card they mentioned which probably is only available at some Ebgames store.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Cassie wrote:Leah: You pay in advance basically no?
In any case I am not going beyond 1 or 2 months but I am quite interested on the time card they mentioned which probably is only available at some Ebgames store.

You're not supposed to pay in advance. What Zenimax is doing is really unusual. Normally, a company lets you play your 30 days (which you have already paid for) before asking for a credit card. When they DO ask for a credit card up front, the most they use to validate the card is $1. It's very strange for them to be pulling a hold on your account for the full subscription amount 30 days in advance of the due date.

In some cases, people have chosen the 3-6 month subscription plans, not realizing that they were going to "validate" the full amount, and now have $80 frozen in their bank accounts. :-\
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:55 pm

Really enjoying the game so far, and I'm very picky when it comes to MMOs. The PvP doesn't interest me much, although I had quite a blast today killing an entire army by myself and the use of a sinlge catapult placed on a strategic position on a cliff they couldn't reach. :lol:

The group dungeons are a blast though. I'm playing a tank, and am trying to keep as many mobs on me as possible, but the game isn't designed for the tank to be the only person getting attention from the mobs, so every pull, even some of the bosses turns into a fun skirmish with your group versus a group of enemies. The boss mechanics are really fun and creative too, especially the healers seem to claim they never had as much fun before healing in an MMO.
Cassie

Postby Cassie » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:35 am

Leah wrote:
Cassie wrote:Leah: You pay in advance basically no?

You're not supposed to pay in advance. What Zenimax is doing is really unusual. Normally, a company lets you play your 30 days (which you have already paid for) before asking for a credit card. When they DO ask for a credit card up front, the most they use to validate the card is $1. It's very strange for them to be pulling a hold on your account for the full subscription amount 30 days in advance of the due date.

In some cases, people have chosen the 3-6 month subscription plans, not realizing that they were going to "validate" the full amount, and now have $80 frozen in their bank accounts. :-\

Ok I checked and found this recently:

http://kotaku.com/players-upset-over-th ... 1559139938

Because of this: 30 DAYS UNLIMITED GAME PLAY INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE. VALID PAYMENT METHOD OR PAID GAME TIME CARD FOR SUBSCRIPTION AND PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED.

In truth I am concerned because if I decide I want a pause from ESO I don't want to have to throw 15$ free. :eh:
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Why would they be upset with "Persistent Internet Connection"? DSL and Cable are always on regardless of the user's computer's status. I am thinking they are stating this to make sure people are aware that this is an online game and not like their previous games such as Skyrim.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Cassie

Postby Cassie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:56 am

Elle Couerblanc wrote:Why would they be upset with "Persistent Internet Connection"? DSL and Cable are always on regardless of the user's computer's status. I am thinking they are stating this to make sure people are aware that this is an online game and not like their previous games such as Skyrim.

Even previous Skyrim had steam attached, and you had to be online to install it. It was probably to check the key and also for achievement unlocking purposes.

As for the online need in this case does seem pretty obvious though.

The worst thing about the game so far is having to repair items when you die each time which is fucking expensive.

Return to “Skyrim”