Discover your Elder Scrolls.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Skyrims Mod Workshop

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:15 am

So the mod stuff has been out for about 3 weeks or so, now there is somewhere around 3679 mods as of the time I am writing this, I'm curious what some of your favourite mods are? If you've made any, and what you think some of the funniest ones out there are.

Myself I really appreciate the dragon bone weight mods that knocks them down to like 5 for weight, that's such a boost to not have to run back every time I get jumped by random dragon xyz, I also really like some of the armour mods that are out there that let you create like female only variants of all the armour, as well as armours you couldn't create to begin with, such as the blade armour and some imperial variants.

Probably some of the funnies mods I've seen were the ones that replaced all the horses with variants and characters from the my little pony series, a chuck norris follower, and the insanely powerful evil bunny rabbit from Monty pythons holy grail as a find and kill quest.

So what about the rest of you skyrimers, what are some of your favourite mods and what kind of mods are you hoping to see in the future?
Hockey Stick!
Glaucon

Re: Skyrims Mod Workshop

Postby Glaucon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:16 am

Hmmm, I took a look at some of the recent mods, but I haven't kept any installed yet. Which is a bit strange, since I have used plenty of them for earlier Bethesda games.

Thing is... I don't want stuff that will make the game easier (I am already playing at Master level and at level 44, the game is still a bit too easy). And I don't really want weird funny stuff... because that ruins the immersion. I haven't seen the kind of awesome mods that I have seen for New Vegas (the bounty-hunter ones, for example, or that fully voiced follower). And a lot of the armor mods are still 'replacer' mods (and as I feel the original armors worked fine on most NPC's, I don't want them to get replaced by more fantastical stuff, even though I would not mind it if I could use the custom stuff for my own character). So, I am sort of waiting for more lore-friendly 'realistic' mods, really. I haven't even installed a nude-mod (which I would do, normally, because I am enough of a :geek: to do that, but the one I installed briefly kept the guys clothed and made all the nude girls look the same, which just seemed odd to me).

I am sort of hoping for a home with loads of bookshelves... (I like collecting books but having them all in a chest makes them harder to browse through).
Carter
SL Name: ***

Postby Carter » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:55 am

A bit like Glaucon.. got to level 44 and lost interest.. it was too easy and the main quests had been achieved, which left very simple and easy things to do......

Dragons too, so easy to kill, after they had been a challenge at one point.. and when I had collected too many things that weighed me down, I simply gave them to my partner to carry until we returned home.

...are these mods adding anything other cosmetic things ?
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:58 am

Carter wrote:...are these mods adding anything other cosmetic things ?

Well, potentially, they can be. If you look at the mods made for Oblivion, Fallout, etc. some offer a lot of new content, complete with fully voiced characters. A lot like DLC's. Some change the world to offer significantly more challenge (like that Oblivion Overhaul one, that I liked a lot). Some included lots of 'adult' stuff. And there were many mods that offered small changes (with weapons, perks, and stuff, and adding new armors and all that).
Allison Millet

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 pm

There's mods out right now that increase the difficulty of dragons by quite a bit, as well as mods out there that increase the entire games difficulty by levelling enemies up with you as wel, theres even mods out where it will send a swarm of hit men, trolls, ( insert various enemy) at you like once a week, so....if difficulty is your issue, there's mods out there to fix that and make the game even harder.
Hockey Stick!
Allison Millet

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Though I have to say, wtf?!?!?! I mean I already am getting my ass kicked playing at the 3rd difficulty setting think there is 5 total and had to dial it back down to level 2, how the heck are you finding the hardest difficulty easy!
Hockey Stick!
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Someone should make a Gor mod. All female NPCs in silks, Imperial Guards looking like they walked out of Triad Fallen's shop and make the dragons look like flying priest kings
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Hmmm... silks in the blizzards... not sure if that is ideal. ;)

@ Allison: It is because we have Mad Skillz, of course. No, seriously... maybe it is because I have played this sort of game before, and I can do the math. Smithing, enchanting... plus enchantment and smithing potions... good armor, good weapons, useful enchantments... lots of sneaking and back-stabbing and using bows to 'soften up' bigger groups. The only things that trouble me are very large groups that can surround me (like a load of Falmer or a nasty ambush) or groups of casters.
Garian
SL Name: Garian Vidor

Postby Garian » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Theoden wrote:Someone should make a Gor mod. All female NPCs in silks, Imperial Guards looking like they walked out of Triad Fallen's shop and make the dragons look like flying priest kings

Was working on it.
Well, not exactly as you detailed.

I'll think about it again. The late release of the kit was inconvenient.
twitter.com/GarianVidor
GariansGoreanGuide.tumblr.com

"In the heart of every male, there is a Gorean, even if only a secret, concealed Gorean."
Rebels of Gor
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Garian wrote:
Theoden wrote:Someone should make a Gor mod. All female NPCs in silks, Imperial Guards looking like they walked out of Triad Fallen's shop and make the dragons look like flying priest kings

Was working on it.
Well, not exactly as you detailed.

I'll think about it again. The late release of the kit was inconvenient.

Yeah, that took a long time. They kind of waited with that until I and I think quite a few people were sort of 'done' with the game. Great game, but it doesn't stay interesting forever.

Would be cool to find some excellent mods when I feel the urge to play it again, though. And gor might not be a bad place to find your mod voice actors. :)

Return to “Skyrim”