Your Screen Character

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Your Screen Character

Postby Tantus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:31 am

The question is, if your Gorean character was on the screen then who would they be. Whoever closest resembles or inspired them, goes!

It was being asked on a Gor sim a while ago, so, I'd say my Scribe character's closest screen-relative is Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood. A no-nonsense character, impatient with people, resorts to violence and loud statements when it's the only language commoners understand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeSLPELpMeM
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Re: Your Screen Character

Postby Qingwen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:29 am

hmm.. the last character I played (Moll the tavern wench) was pretty much a tribute to Black Sails:

► Show Spoiler
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 pm

Tantus wrote:The question is, if your Gorean character was on the screen then who would they be. Whoever closest resembles or inspired them, goes!

It was being asked on a Gor sim a while ago, so, I'd say my Scribe character's closest screen-relative is Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood. A no-nonsense character, impatient with people, resorts to violence and loud statements when it's the only language commoners understand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeSLPELpMeM

Now you have me wondering about the inspiration for your other characters. :teehee:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
eligiblejam
SL Name: Eligiblejam Resident
AkA: Romulus Agrippa

Postby eligiblejam » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:01 am

My latest incarnation is partly inspired by good ol' Kwai Chang Caine.
► Show Spoiler

But I swear some people unleash the peacock in me.
► Show Spoiler
Purist, not elitist.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:21 am

Qingwen wrote:hmm.. the last character I played (Moll the tavern wench) was pretty much a tribute to Black Sails:

That's the show with lesbian pirates touring the Caribbean? I soo need to get into it.

Kaitlin wrote:Now you have me wondering about the inspiration for your other characters. :teehee:

Another absconding physician! SL Gor is suffering with all you absentees.

This dialogue from Ashes of Time totally defines how Tantus was, other characters didn't find their big screen counterparts yet!

► Show Spoiler
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:47 pm

Quite frankly.... as of late... given my RP's...

I enjoy Gor in it's state and I pursue an rp based parody that is welcomed by those with sense of humor, glad there are still some of those.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
eligiblejam
SL Name: Eligiblejam Resident
AkA: Romulus Agrippa

Postby eligiblejam » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Oh, and while not a character per se, I'd be remiss not to mention a composition that inspired my initial warrior character:

Mars, The Bringer of War

It's hard to listen to this music and not picture how any epic battle in history developed, from how armies align prior to combat, to the ensuing clash of swords, to the inevitable finale: a battlefield littered with dead bodies and the victor claiming all the spoils.

Exactly the kind of immersion one gets with metered combat in SL Gor. :D

Illyros had a very cool pirate invasion sim-wide RP that really captured the idea of warriors engaged in massive combat. I caught the tail end of it, but it was memorable.
Purist, not elitist.
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Postby Qingwen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:20 am

eligiblejam wrote:Illyros had a very cool pirate invasion sim-wide RP that really captured the idea of warriors engaged in massive combat. I caught the tail end of it, but it was memorable.

I missed the action but it sparked some RP afterwards as I recall ;) pity the sim population was too small to keep it rolling. It had potential.
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
Silent Wanderer
SL Name: Silent Wanderer
Role: Free woman
Home Stone: Ar
AkA: Silent Wanderer

Postby Silent Wanderer » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:43 am

eligiblejam wrote:Illyros had a very cool pirate invasion sim-wide RP that really captured the idea of warriors engaged in massive combat. I caught the tail end of it, but it was memorable.

I do remember that sim, where I roleplayed briefly. I had some really fun RP scenes over there. By the time I came back from my vacation, sadly it was closed.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:17 am

Qingwen wrote:

I missed the action but it sparked some RP afterwards as I recall ;) pity the sim population was too small to keep it rolling. It had potential.

That was sadly the issue.

Getting goreans to fill out applications with backgrounds that don't break canon seems to be as easy as herding cats.

I think we had to reject roughly 75% of applications for being too absurd or people not understanding it was a standalone sim and that they couldn't just apply as the character they've been playing for 10 years having been part of all castes and all cities (thus ridiculously implausible backgrounds and characters once again).

It attracted a good few people from non-Gor who always wanted to try the genre but didn't like the typical sim rules Gorean sims use by standard, but they had a hard time convincing their friends to come over due to the bad reputation gorean RP has in general in SL...

Return to “General RP Discussions”