Star Wars the Old Republic

For all you Star Wars Junkies. May the Force Be With You.

Will you play SWTOR?

Yes, I will.
33%
Yes, I will.
33%
No, I will not.
17%
No, I will not.
17%

Total votes: 66
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: Star Wars the Old Republic

Postby Leah » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:03 am

Chron wrote:As for random abuse in groups, you've got to remember there are a lot of kids playing the game too, who're the likely culprits.

When my nephews are over to play their character, the 8yr old is driving and the 6yr old is pointing at everyone in combat, "He's being attacked! help him!", so they jump into the fight and kill everything, then run further along the road and interrupt someone else's game and so it goes on.

So when I see strange behaviour in the game I can put it down to children playing and the same with trash-talkers in random groups. You could rage on them, but it'd be like shouting at someone's kid.

This image made me grin, actually. :D "He's being attacked! HELP HIM!"
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Chron
SL Name: Chron Minotaur

Postby Chron » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:03 pm

There's a nice XP boost from the daily space combat and PvP missions. Even with a low level character in the warzones your stats are boosted to help you survive longer against lv50 opponents.

I wanted to try a stealth class in PvP, but the 'deathmatch' pace of the game is too quick to stalk out your victim, make the kill and disappear into the shadows - at the same time, you've missed part of the main battle. My Scoundrel's roguish antics only lived up to healing his team and that's a role I'd rather play a Sage for.

The Vanguard I've tried in PvP is taking a beating at lv24, I'm hating the sorcerers that stun you into a lightening hold, the sith leaping all over and other bizzare abilities I've yet to work out, but I'm getting past the stage of hitting random keys and starting to make some kills... finished one off earlier at the top of the scoreboard :D

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

It is worth PvP'ing at lower levels, a couple of rounds will earn enough medals to buy the lv20 implants and other gear.
Caria
SL Name: Passion
Role: slave
Owner: Drenusius I Bernard
AkA: Passion Quintessa

Postby Caria » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:00 pm

That's great Chron! I have never been anywhere near the top of the leader board. But I try and do my pvp dailies and you are right, the credits are very good and the commendations will bring some good rewards at 20.
passion may encourage them to put their principles in the cabinet of tomorrow...
(Swordsmen of Gor)
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:31 pm

What I really like about PVP is the fact that it doesn't matter MUCH whether you enter with level 10 or level 50 - people all get upscaled to level 50 - the only difference right now is the ability repertoire you call your own.

Later of course this changes - as people get more and more expertise gear (increases the damage you do on players, the healing you do if in PVP and decreases the damage you take in PVP)

And stealth classes are incredibly powerful in the other 2 battelgrounds that aren't huttball - you can easily tap things in there and that's all it's really about.

I am PVP rank 21 or something, with my occasional battlegrounds - but I really wonder how people can be 39 already, they probably only level through pvp :O
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Caria

Postby Caria » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Victor. wrote:
I am PVP rank 21 or something, with my occasional battlegrounds - but I really wonder how people can be 39 already, they probably only level through pvp :O

I do a few levels through pvp now and then. I am level 18 now and am saving for my speeder. PvP pays well.

Also, pvp is very interesting is swtor. They rate how you protect other people, if you are defending. I do not know the ins and outs yet.

I hate getting the ball in Huttball. :D
passion may encourage them to put their principles in the cabinet of tomorrow...
(Swordsmen of Gor)
Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Postby Crack and Thump » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:45 am

How is it working out in PvP with your companions? I read on the forums that some dismiss their companions when they have any sort of PvP action.

I need credits, so I guess I better get in on some PvP *sighs*. I need a Sugar Daddy in SWTOR.
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Got to 25 and no real desire to log in anymore, so I guess I'll be cancelling my subscription in the next few days.

Usual crappy crafting system, repetitive quests, I just can't be bothered.
Caria

Postby Caria » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Crack and Thump wrote:How is it working out in PvP with your companions? I read on the forums that some dismiss their companions when they have any sort of PvP action.

I need credits, so I guess I better get in on some PvP *sighs*. I need a Sugar Daddy in SWTOR.

You do not have companions in the warzones. And if you do the quests, kill everything and sell everything, you will have credits soon enough. :) Try to do a daily pvp if you find out you like it.

This is my sort of game. It keeps me occupied, exploring, killing, picking up things and crafting. I can see that it might not be for everyone. :)
(Swordsmen of Gor)
Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Postby Crack and Thump » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Hmmm . . . now I wonder why the people discussing the companions stated that they dismissed them if they are not able to use them in the first place.

I am going to try tonight and see how I like it but the first kid that calls me a name is going down.

@Chron - I think that your nephews are noble little guys. There is nothing wrong with helping take out a few guys that are getting the best of another player because if you don't, they message you and say "Thanks for not helping me, dick." :lol: Damned if you do and damned if you don't. But the thought of them hurrying to aid someone is just too cute.
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Alright, six or seven of us have decided to have a go as Empire on the Euro sim The Progenitor. It has a HUGE roleplay community with a lot of player-initiated events.

http://swtor-rp.com/progenitor

So if anyone wants to create an alt on a server with a lot of roleplay activity, you're welcome to join us. My name in-game is Darby.

Return to “Star Wars”