Traffic and you

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Does traffic effect your decision on playing at a sim?

Yes, I look for places to play based on highest traffic.
13%
Yes, I look for places to play based on highest traffic.
13%
No, I look for a city or theme I'm interested in and try playing in that sim.
29%
No, I look for a city or theme I'm interested in and try playing in that sim.
29%
Other(please explain)
8%
Other(please explain)
8%

Total votes: 78
Architeuthis
SL Name: ~

Re: Traffic and you

Postby Architeuthis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Double post. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Architeuthis on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:If I had to summarize the issue: "Lack of adventure".

I don't care if it would be through paragraph text only RP or meter only, but I sure am craving for some adventure in SL Gor for years now.

what you need to do is lasso saint lokia and the 2 of you come stay in the inn in the village at Valkyrie Forest, drink tea, have warm meals, tell stories about your glory years to naked girls with mesh hair and enjoy a good belch. that would be an adventure.
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Danika Stenvaag

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:44 pm

infinite possibilities? hmmm, you mean playing with yourself?

Architeuthis

Postby Architeuthis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:52 pm

@ Kaitlin: You state your points intelligently and well. And you're right in that the third possibility of the players just playing the story out is one too. The meter idea I posted would allow for this to occur as well. In those rare fleeting moments where RP in Gor happens spontaneously and the players RP maturely and creatively then all one really needs is their imagination. But for the other 90% of the time when people need more strict guidance and a more impartial system requiring less guesswork can help facilitate better results with fewer headaches, that's what I'm talking about.
Danika Stenvaag

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Danika Stenvaag wrote:infinite possibilities? hmmm, you mean playing with yourself?

Infinite possibilities. I realize that is beyond your imagination, skill or even intended purpose in RP. You are quite happy sailing naked across gor after tossing a coin to the captain and similar RP scenarios. To each his own...or in this case her own.

oh, you mean the part where I sailed naked from fort laurius, right? you people do talk, don't you.... I got kicked out of fort laurius for being a nude panther with only a bow and a teeny, tiny small machete on my back (in a sheath that looked like my quiver, you could only see a small handle sticking out. the lack of formal panther wear had something to do with my rp backstory at the time but was unwelcome by the bare breasted boss panther missus). guess panther nudity and tiny machetes are not welcome there. I forgot to switch to my spear and was about to when i was told to leave immediately or race ejection by the boss panther missus. instead of just tping out in the middle of the sim, I bee-lined it to the nearest main dock and sailed instead of hunting all over for the proper exit. i came there to hunt and rp, there was only 1 other person on that sim in the panther camp (guess who) and i pretended not to find it and was on the side of the sim hunting. when i got im'd to leave, l left immediately. now you know the story of why i sailed instead of paddled out on a canoe or made tracks to the nearest legal panther deportation zone. when i left, there was only 1 green dot on that sim. happy hunting.

kait, you need to smile more, laugh a little... yano?

Architeuthis

Postby Architeuthis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:54 pm

@ Kaitlin: I have a general concept laid out but not all of the details yet. Money is one of those areas which is inconsistent and confusing in the books so I'm not sure how I would propose handling this in a game environment yet. Some things are also just not feasible due to the limitations of scripting in SL so it might necessitate simplifying them. I'd be more than happy to post what I have in another thread and let people dissect it.

It is purely a concept at this stage, a different experience than what we have now, and that is my point. I think we need change.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Danika, more once, you made clear that you had a wonderful GE sim and Fort Laurius was an empty one, blah blah blah... And when the Ft Laurius RP standards are so far from yours, why do you continue to put a foot in this sim, if not for trolling?

Naked panther girl with a machete? Sailing? Lol lol lol! The Northen Forests are not the jungles of Schendi, no need a machete. Described weapons in books, for panther girls are spear, dagger, bow, and club.
And too, your character is a panther girl, so, she lives already in the Northern Forests, and you need to sail?? You should troll with more subtlety....

Oh, and not everyone feels forced to RP with GE characters.
Danika Stenvaag

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:42 pm

ah, the plot thickens. you're a good guesser, huh kait. you guys don't tell stories... and to sasi: no love, trolling is the art of pissing people off and being a malicious jerk... I came there to role play. only had been to fort laurius once and you and your crew were all afk. I was carrying a spear then. this time was my second time there and I happened to be a panther traveling light. the machete is small and was yours and said panther's suggestion over my scimitar (wear a machete, danika, get rid of the scimitar you guys shrieked) and so i've never worn my scimitar again. kinda like when anarch said i should wear mesh hair and so I've never worn anything but mesh hair since. all the bare breasted panther boss missus had to do was whisper in ims to take it off (I simply forgot to take it off.) and off it would have come. instead, I endured an endless stream of nasty ims and was told I was about to be ejected for not being btb enough. instead of tping out in the middle of the sim, I ran to the main dock and sailed off. I don't wanna cause trouble. don't wanna role play? fine, the panther was all alone on the sim, one green dot, and I was gone...

and you my darling kait, the amazing kreskin guesser, ya got me! you know it, i'm here to amuse you and make you laugh. I was sent here by jesus just for you! now smile, it'll get worse ;)

Danika Stenvaag

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

awww darling... I am sympathetic to your constant cries for attention and always being right and having the last word. you are, afterall, the amazing kreskin and the panther fashion police. god love you.

Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm

I play as close as the books as possible, Danika, and I will certainly never suggest a machete as a weapon for a panther girl. And you come troll, but indeed, you didnt piss Violetta off, she just suggested you to go to read the OOC rules. You're just a bad troll, Honey.

And a panther girl who runs to the main dock and sails off, excuse me, Danika, but indeed, I don't think you meet the standards of realism that Violetta prizes so much...

Return to “Debate It.”