Does gorean slavery have to be different from earth slavery?

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

1. Yes, because ...
42%
1. Yes, because ...
42%
2. No, because ...
8%
2. No, because ...
8%

Total votes: 36
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Does gorean slavery have to be different from earth slav

Postby Sasi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Keiser Koba wrote:Slavery on earth is grim, degrading and ugly. I've never heard of a happy slave, a slave that embraced her/his deprevation of will and freedom, and who submitted. And no, I don't see BDSM-slaves type 24/7 TPE slaves as real slaves. They can always stand up and leave.

Gorean slavery CAN be like the slavery we know on earth, but according to the female nature as described in Norman's wicked fantasy novels, women will at some point always surrender and embrace their lives as cock sheaths for immaculate handsome masters. Even Bera did, as the ultimate evidence to prove the fact that the women when allowed to, will let her clitoris take over the helm and steer her mind into divine submission.

Gorean slavery is also very degrading.... Since it is said that Gorean slaves are no more person, that they are animal, that they dont have honor to defend, when every day they are reminded they are slaves and easily demeaned, I cannot see how it is not degrading. Slavery is not a glorious state in Gor neither, it's a shame.

The fact that slaves embrace their slavery cause their libido and womanhood, doesnt make of the Gorean slavery something which would not be degrading. You can be very happy in your own degradation...

In the Southern America, before the Civil War, many slaves (house domestics) were very attached to the family which owned them, almost considered as family members.

Even some Roman slave owners have their own favorite slave who shared their couch, could be totally in love and would have acted like some kajirae as well.

Somewhat, we could call that "Stockholm syndrome"...

The difference between Earthen slavery and Gorean slavery? In Gor, slavery is considered being a natural state for a woman and the only way where she can find happiness. Totally unrealistic, but it's a fiction, anyway.
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:03 am

Sasi wrote:The difference between Earthen slavery and Gorean slavery? In Gor, slavery is considered being a natural state for a woman and the only way where she can find happiness. Totally unrealistic, but it's a fiction, anyway.

Completely disagree.

Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich....
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:04 am

Well Horizon, you are all entitled to disagree, now, argue....
beth ronmark
SL Name: Liz Shim
Caste: Torvie
Role: Lurking on Occassion
Home Stone: Hrafnvik
AkA: Relia Blue Tooth

Postby beth ronmark » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Pretty much what Sasi said, was my point, she was just more eloquent.

And I would like a sammich too while your up and making them :D

Return to “Debate It.”