Opening OOC tournaments to female avatars?

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Should Female Avatars be allowed in OOC tournaments?

Yes!
43%
Yes!
43%
No!
4%
No!
4%
Unsure!
4%
Unsure!
4%

Total votes: 28
Lacey
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

Re: Opening OOC tournaments to female avatars?

Postby Lacey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Theoden wrote:Even though it is an OOC tournament... it is still a Gorean tournament right?

If you will allow female avatar in the tournament because its OOC, would you mind if someone came in with a neko avatar in the tournament?

I see what you and the others who took this point and added examples mean. I see how it'd make sense to stay Gorean themed, but I'm also leaning more toward the people that are saying it is an OOC tournament so who cares? As to whether I'd allow neko avatar, I think I would.

As to why I made the thing OOC instead Of IC in the first place like some have asked. While I do believe that the IC tournaments are cool and all of that,people like these OOC events. Many places do dances on certain days and things like that. The group would enjoy some OOC time. They help bring things together where people can relax and joke. The making them IC sounds like a good idea too, but not this time around the tournament is tomorrow. Perhaps the next time.
I should have never cut her hair!
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 am

Tournaments are the last 'IC' events in Gor where lindens are exchanged, so most of them are infact OOC.

A free woman's tournament will be accepted better than a mixed gender event.
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:45 am

Let's face it, unless the tournament scene changed dramatically over the last 3 months - it is a complete nuthouse to any sane role player.

The amount of gesturbation turns me off of attending those even if it were OOC. But I guess that's just my take.

Now if they would create those with an IC mentality and not "LOLOLOL Master!" - it'd probably be a lot more interesting for _me_ to visit them or participate in them or have them as part of RP - you know, to talk about the latest champion in the streets, about X vs Y and the poor sod they now call "Split-Jaw". It'd offer plenty of threads for others to continue weaving it into their own stories even if they were NOT participating or even present and it'd give Gorean pamphlets something to write about that actually interests people.

But if it's OOC, you might as well let anyone who wants to partake, partake.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer

Return to “Debate It.”