Total votes: 40
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Victor. » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:02 am

Sucks that I'll be in Germany for the weekend, so no indulging my addiction for now and then I am on vacation around my birthday, which just happens to be one day after official launch. :banghead:

But after that I'll hopefully get to nerd a little before life catches on again. Had enough offline-time to recharge the batteries for autumn!

I doubt I'll RP in the game though. Nothing beats SL for RP.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:09 am

1 day 18 hours...
Atheas Zenovka
SL Name: Atheas Zenovka
Caste: Tuchuk

Postby Atheas Zenovka » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:40 pm

What? No comment since this game went live?
I'm enjoying the hell out of it still.
Three level 80's

Atheas - Warrior
Nytewing - Thief
Spikester - Engineer (Yes it's Spike the Urtcatcher if any of you remember him, the little guy, yeah him)

Wonderful graphics in this game, and the lore, OMG, the lore.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 pm

I got bored with it once I hit L80 ... The gameplay mechanics didn't do it for me. Overall though it's a pretty good game and the random dynamic world events are always a nice treat.
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:16 am

Atheas Zenovka wrote:What? No comment since this game went live?
I'm enjoying the hell out of it still.
Three level 80's

Atheas - Warrior
Nytewing - Thief
Spikester - Engineer (Yes it's Spike the Urtcatcher if any of you remember him, the little guy, yeah him)

Wonderful graphics in this game, and the lore, OMG, the lore.

Still absolutely enthralled with it. :D

Imho, the best MMORPG out there I've ever played. It sure has its weaknesses but if you have a proper guild to play with, it really shines. So looking forward to the new World vs World changes, because it's the aspect I probably had the most fun with since release, but fighting phantom armies (since there is a problem with the engine, making huge zergs of enemy players invisible due to culling) gets old, fast. Glad they try to tackle that issue!

Just puzzled by the lack of really awesome armors and styles in a game that was supposed to be all about cosmetic progress :(
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Atheas Zenovka
SL Name: Atheas Zenovka
Caste: Tuchuk

Postby Atheas Zenovka » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 pm

I get my most fun exploring the world and reacting to the various events and happenings I come across. They have made a beautiful game and I'm being patient with all the little bugs and glitches I come across. I have to admit the game is running much better than Everquest did at first, I'm prepared to give them time to iron the problems out. World versus World is a problem with me also with the culling issue so I seldom venture into it unless it's a guild event which works out to be a massive zerg.

I prefer to wander around by myself on my various characters and get into pickup groups for events and the occassional dungeon crawl if I feel like it.

Victor, as for the various armors, have you checked the vendors in the fort at Lion's Arch, granted you have to do the dungeons to get the tokens to buy them at this time. Like you I'd like to see more available skins to change your looks. Right now Spike is sporting almost a Hellsing Vampire Hunter Look, not the pirate as his armor is from the temple of Arah, but he's quite debonair in it..........for an Asura who's 2 maybe 3 feet tall on a good day. My warrior is in crafted exotic, the dragonic style which is pretty nice (Norn). My thief is human and he just looks thiefish, sneaky looking and don't turn your back on him.

They're all dragon killers as they frequent Tequatl, Shatterer and Claw just about everytime they pop when I'm online. The other thing I like is the zones scale to your levels so you can go anywhere and really not feel like you're overpowering the zone, though I do get delusions of grandeur like the Reactor in Metrica, Lawd I've died in there many times even at 80.

Cross your fingers the new update tonite brings some good stuff!
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:30 am

Atheas Zenovka wrote:I get my most fun exploring the world and reacting to the various events and happenings I come across. They have made a beautiful game and I'm being patient with all the little bugs and glitches I come across. I have to admit the game is running much better than Everquest did at first, I'm prepared to give them time to iron the problems out. World versus World is a problem with me also with the culling issue so I seldom venture into it unless it's a guild event which works out to be a massive zerg.

I prefer to wander around by myself on my various characters and get into pickup groups for events and the occassional dungeon crawl if I feel like it.

Victor, as for the various armors, have you checked the vendors in the fort at Lion's Arch, granted you have to do the dungeons to get the tokens to buy them at this time. Like you I'd like to see more available skins to change your looks. Right now Spike is sporting almost a Hellsing Vampire Hunter Look, not the pirate as his armor is from the temple of Arah, but he's quite debonair in it..........for an Asura who's 2 maybe 3 feet tall on a good day. My warrior is in crafted exotic, the dragonic style which is pretty nice (Norn). My thief is human and he just looks thiefish, sneaky looking and don't turn your back on him.

They're all dragon killers as they frequent Tequatl, Shatterer and Claw just about everytime they pop when I'm online. The other thing I like is the zones scale to your levels so you can go anywhere and really not feel like you're overpowering the zone, though I do get delusions of grandeur like the Reactor in Metrica, Lawd I've died in there many times even at 80.

Cross your fingers the new update tonite brings some good stuff!

Waiting to get out of here so I can rush home and play some to see how they improved (or whether they did) their culling. I've heard some great things about this new "placeholder" system they're using to pre-load a cached model of your opponents until your and their bandwidth/client has fully loaded, then it switches them out to see the real player's character!

The new daily system seems great and I am so very glad they've fixed upon a shit-load of bugs - especially the fractals.

Got pretty much all professions I want, decked out and ready to roll :D

First game I'd say, where EACH single class feels unique and really enjoyable in their own rights (save for Rangers, I don't know - those seem lacking).

They certainly created a breathtaking world though, I really really dig that brushstroke aesthetic of theirs.
Tashiana
SL Name: Tashiana Ziplon
Caste: Panther
Role: Herlit
Home Stone: Sa Nahele

Postby Tashiana » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 am

It was fun but already moved on to new games, felt it wasn’t much left to do.
Dont ask ... just do.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:14 pm

I always planned to go and play it. But my interest in the standard MORPG format waned, and the time I had to spare and wanted to spend on such games did as well. I have games that I really want to play because they look cool and are said to be cool (like The Witcher II) sitting on my PC, but... not sure when I will ever feel like starting them up for real.

I guess I am getting old. Most of the time, I'd rather read, or post on this forum or procrastinate in general, I guess. :shifty:
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 am

Just a couple reasons why I love that game:

Return to “Games”