My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
9%
My Child Molesting hero / actor/ producer
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
9%
Poor old man that is just a little creepy
9%
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
No votes
Other (Because I want to got blah blah blah)
No votes

Total votes: 22
Hawt Sommer

Re: POLL: Woody Allen is.....

Postby Hawt Sommer » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:24 pm

So basically Robert Weide, the director of a very kind documentary on Woody Allen wrote an essay which consisted of a billion and six excuses for Woody Allen?

Why would this director of the documentary have a stake in Woody Allens defense? ;)
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Not a clue, to be quite honest. I posted the second article to counter the first. It's murky. This all happened during a divorce. The child appears to have been coached. Woody Allen is a weirdo. He did marry this girl's sister, even though she wasn't his adopted daughter (Soon-Yi). NY State has allowed Soon-Yi and Woody to adopt.

So many things pointing so many ways. I have no real idea so I tend to give the benefit of the doubt or, even better, mind my own business. Dylan did suffer something, was it child abuse or was it brainwashing? I doubt we'll ever know.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:47 pm

No clue if he molested her or not. But it is pretty clear that there is no or not enough evidence to charge him with anything. Innocent until proven guilty has to apply - as it should always apply.

I have actually seen many cases of false accusations during the time people go through a divorce or separation. We cannot just go on only the word of a mother (or child) - there has to be other evidence - because if there is not, all men should avoid being alone with their children (or any child) at any time.

There is no way to tell now if the memory of the "child" (now adult) is a real memory. Once memories are encoded they all feel the same for the person remembering - there is not difference between real and false memories.
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:10 pm

Mynerva wrote:I have no problem with keeping a close eye on the justice system and making sure this is not swept under the rug - but it is still important to wait and see what the evidence actually is.

No matter how disgusting a crime is - innocent until proven guilty has to be true for even the most horrible crimes.

You are consistent. This is from the Zimmerman case.

I was suspecting the opposite so I will agree then.

I will assume the creepy looking bastard is Innocent, even though a now adult is claiming he did it.

Perhaps she will get her "STFU payoff" like her mom did.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:24 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:So many things pointing so many ways. I have no real idea so I tend to give the benefit of the doubt or, even better, mind my own business.

Agreed.

Mynerva wrote:No clue if he molested her or not. But it is pretty clear that there is no or not enough evidence to charge him with anything. Innocent until proven guilty has to apply - as it should always apply.

Agreed.

Hawt wrote:I will assume the creepy looking bastard is Innocent, even though a now adult is claiming he did it.

Agreed. :o.O:

Well, if we all agree, even Hawt, I guess that settles it.
Ghost
SL Name: Ghost of a chance
Caste: of thousands
Role: with the punches
Home Stone: more weight
Owner: H'ish or J'ish
AkA: tsk tsk

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:22 pm

I am not a woody Allen fan by a long chalk and like Glaucon I don't believe any of us can know with any certainty.

What I am vehemently opposed to though, is societies paranoia regarding child abuse which often leads to false accusations. False accusation can happen to any one, it could happen to you or some one you love and when it happens it destroys lives, it ruins careers and robs men (generally the defendant in such cases) of family life, even if only for short periods, months rather than weeks. For others it can haunt their lives for years, threatening even their unborn children with being taken into care long after trials have declared those men innocent of any charges.

There must be protection for the innocent, whether those innocent parties are children or falsely accused adults and their families, false accusation and the hysteria and suspicion that accompanies it is very much today's equivalent of witch hunts. When even the patting of a child head is seen as a sexual act by some, when giving a child who is hurting a hug is deemed suspect the victims are the not just the men accused but an entire generation of children who will grow up with a skewed perspective on what is normal and compassionate versus what is deviant, leaving the genuine victims of crimes of this nature, less protected in the longer term as so many false accusations are exposed for what they are leaving the real victims with even greater difficulty being heard.
"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a song sing it" Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu ;)
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Ghost wrote:I am not a woody Allen fan by a long chalk and like Glaucon I don't believe any of us can know with any certainty.

What I am vehemently opposed to though, is societies paranoia regarding child abuse which often leads to false accusations. False accusation can happen to any one, it could happen to you or some one you love and when it happens it destroys lives, it ruins careers and robs men (generally the defendant in such cases) of family life, even if only for short periods, months rather than weeks. For others it can haunt their lives for years, threatening even their unborn children with being taken into care long after trials have declared those men innocent of any charges.

There must be protection for the innocent, whether those innocent parties are children or falsely accused adults and their families, false accusation and the hysteria and suspicion that accompanies it is very much today's equivalent of witch hunts. When even the patting of a child head is seen as a sexual act by some, when giving a child who is hurting a hug is deemed suspect the victims are the not just the men accused but an entire generation of children who will grow up with a skewed perspective on what is normal and compassionate versus what is deviant, leaving the genuine victims of crimes of this nature, less protected in the longer term as so many false accusations are exposed for what they are leaving the real victims with even greater difficulty being heard.

Pretty much every single word of this. As with everything; child abuse, drugs, prostitution, emerging 'rape culture' rhetoric; the only losers are the true victims and/or people in need of help.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:32 am

I agree with Ghost as well. We can all agree that Child abuse is a really bad thing. And it probably isn't bad that we have grown less 'relaxed' about it than we used to be in the past, over the last decades. But society's moral outrage and paranoia has grown to such epic proportions over the last 20 years or so that even the accusation is enough to condemn a person in the eye of the public, family, friends etc., with many being happy to pass judgment and act on it, without waiting for proof. Our fear of child abuse has grown to such heights that we are willing to give up our rights to internet privacy so the authorities can hunt down creepy dudes exchanging nude kiddy pictures. Most random people will happily endorse capital punishment (or at least corporal punishment) for anyone found to have pedophile leanings. And accusations of child abuse has become the 'nuke' in the arsenal of women going through bad divorces. People used to be scared of fire, hunger, war and disease. Now it seems that child abuse is our collective #1 fear. It is out of whack.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:45 am

... probably because someone who was abused as a child is more likely to start a nuclear war... or do some other sort of mass damage/holocaust in the future.

:hrm:

Godwin's law/ Reductio ad Hitlerum - Hitler was abused as a child by his father.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Hitler was not sexually abused by his father, as far as anyone alive knows. And back then, it was pretty common for fathers to give their kids beatings. Only one of those kids grew up to become AH.

No, we don't worry about child abuse because we fear it may produce new Hitlers.

Is this you saying Obama was abused as a child as well?

Return to “News”