Iphone5?

Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Iphone5?

Postby Mat » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
I just updated to ICS and this is my second Samsung phone without the problems you indicate. The SII and SIII have been popular with those around me and no such complaints. I'm not saying it didn't happen to you but it seems like a limited issue.

If you say so the tech forums do not seem to agree with you but if you are happy than so be it... I will not be buying another galaxy phone. Not to keen on the iphone either from what I have seen I think I might wait more and get the next nexus phone when it comes out as I hate all that extra crap on my phone.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:27 pm

I see Blackberry are having problems again. You ever get the feeling the competition is engaging in a bit of corporate sabotage? Strange that BB's issues have fallen on the launch of the latest Apple offering.

Just saying.
Lacey
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

Postby Lacey » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:20 pm

I couldn't tell you about the Iphone5, but I wanted to tell you about my cool phone! It is a flip screen, it has numbers for calling people attached to buttons, it sends text messages, it even does mobile web. Whenever I want to type something, I don't have to use a touchscreen which oftentimes send me into wanting to throw such phones from the window because it usually hits the other three buttons near it. It gets good signal unless I'm out on my four wheeler or up in a deer stand when I don't need nor want a phone anyway. I'm perfectly happy with it. It even will play the radio if I place some headphones inside of it. Which is very cool because there is like three stations that play my favorite songs. I'm perfectly happy with my phone. :D

I know I know, I'm cheap. The phone costed around forty dollars and the plan is unlimited talk, text, and web for forty-five dollars every thirty days.

But on a serious note, I've never quite figured out what exactly attracts people to the fancier phones. I know, that they have better internet and things on them, but I'd rather use my laptop. I've also got a playstation 3 that plays fabulous games on them. As well as a lot of games I've put on my laptop. It used to be the tinier the phone the more "cool" it was, now the phones won't even fit in your pocket in most cases. So what is it about the fancy phones?
I should have never cut her hair!
Apple
SL Name: Madison Arctor
Role: Gorean Feminist

Postby Apple » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:03 pm

I felt the need to respond because--well, my username makes it too ironic.

I hate the Apple hype. It's just a freaking phone/laptop/tablet. Stop being so smug about it, hipsters. But I do own an iPhone 4S. It's completely inflexible, makes me go through weird rituals every time I want to load a song or an audiobook on it, has weird chargers, needs expensive replacement accessories, and doesn't have 4G in this day and age. I really hate Apple's attitudes about these things.

But man, it's the most beautiful piece of machinery I own. The hardware, the software...it's like, it always works. It doesn't freeze like my former Android. It doesn't just completely and utterly suck like my former Windows phone. It just does absolutely everything it's supposed to do, it does it quickly, and it does it without a single glitch. For the first time in a decade, me and my phone have a functional relationship.

Maybe that's part of Steve Jobs's magic that will just go away, and maybe it already started with the iPhone 5. But I just don't see myself switching to Android any time soon.
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 am

The Apple hype is stimulated to a large extent by the owners of other smartphones. Phones that cost a similar order of magnitude to an iphone...

I've spent less than $150 on apps and itunes music. I liked streetview, I'll be looking at somewhere else to buy music from now on, somewhere that doesn't tie me to a particular platform.
Pelopidas
SL Name: Dion Diavolo

Postby Pelopidas » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Started reading Daniel Abraham, the Long Price Quartet, series, A Shadow in Summer was "ok" i guess.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Pelopidas wrote:Started reading Daniel Abraham, the Long Price Quartet, series, A Shadow in Summer was "ok" i guess.

Hmmm, on your Iphone5? (Wrong thread, maybe?)
Pelopidas
SL Name: Dion Diavolo

Postby Pelopidas » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Damn :fryingpan:
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 am

I have an Android. Galaxy II S X. Woman has a III. I see almost no difference.

I like my android a great deal - and from using Iphones from other folks I have no idea in the wide wide world why you would buy one - other than having a large library on itunes already.

As much as I love my Android - I'm looking hard at the new Blackberry stuff. Its all pretty slick.
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:19 am

I had to change my phone from S2 to S3 (figured I might as well upgrade).Truth is the S3 also has a bigger screen which makes swiping better but yet the one thing that my S3 lacks is multi language. Yes... I have french... english and korean but no italian like my S2. wtf!

I called samsung support and te guy said that's life! :problem:
I found some apps (not free) but I had to manually still add a lot of words myself.

Another great thing about the s2 is the wallpaper which scrolled a unique image as you moved. S3 repeats the image for each scree making the wall paper choice a more difficult game.

S4... I doubt I'll need it, I am more oriented on giving Google my money for the Google Glass. Could be the next smartphone.

Return to “News”