Iphone5?

Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Iphone5?

Postby Mat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:57 pm

I would have like to have seen NFC included.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Mat wrote:I would have like to have seen NFC included.

Is it possible to use it in America?

I don't think I've been in any shop in the UK where I could have used it, at least none that made it obvious in any way at all. And yet people commentators over here are complaining about it not having it.
Mat

Postby Mat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Resolver Bouchard wrote:
Mat wrote:I would have like to have seen NFC included.

Is it possible to use it in America?

I don't think I've been in any shop in the UK where I could have used it, at least none that made it obvious in any way at all. And yet people commentators over here are complaining about it not having it.

There are some not all that many yet. I have seen them in gas stations. It is not all that big of a deal yet but I keep phones for a while so I think it will become more of an issue as it is picked up.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:38 pm

I have a samsung galaxy now and I do not like that that they do not update... I could root the phone but I dont care to. And the phone freezes far to often. I doubt that I will get another galaxy phone.
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Apple's mapping software is really pretty crap. Blurry satelite images and no streetview. Jobs wouldn't have allowed it to go out the door.
Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Mat wrote:I have a samsung galaxy now and I do not like that that they do not update... I could root the phone but I dont care to. And the phone freezes far to often. I doubt that I will get another galaxy phone.

I have no idea who your service provider is but my phone updates automatically. No need to root it at all. The same holds true for the BF who has the same phone with a Canadian service.

nope its a samsung thing they do not update their phones all that well.
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Some phone networks are incredibly slow at rolling out updates over here in the UK.

They dick around with the standard version and hack up some special version for phones on their network.
Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:53 pm

part of the delay is samsung having to put their touchwize on top of android.
Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Mat wrote:part of the delay is samsung having to put their touchwize on top of android.

That makes no sense at all if others are getting the update with out a problem. Updates are service provider pushes. When and how you get them is always decided by your carrier unless you do root your system.

ETA: I know at least 10 or more people with this phone and no problems so far with varied carriers Sprint/Verizon/TMobile so you may want to contact technical support.

I am not talking about this last update specifically but over all it is a common complaint with the galaxy phones nothing new that I am saying. Lets see how the next update comes for you they tend to forget their phones quickly and do not support them for all that long.

Return to “News”