Obamacare, What are your thoughts?

Courrier
SL Name: Courrier Resident

Re: Obamacare, What are your thoughts?

Postby Courrier » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Kaitlin wrote: Making it a welfare issue is about the most stupid argument I could have imagined. Guess what...you are already paying for those people.

Go back to my post. I mentioned welfare as an example, in between brackets. Not as part of the Obamacare discussion, and also why I Off-topic'ed myself.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:Who cares about a comparason with other countries with regards to welfare spending. I do not I do not live in those other countries nor do I want to. I have lived in the projects at one time I know for a fact the mentality that is in those neighborhoods I know first hand what help is available and I know first hand the abuse of that help that is rampant and unhidden within those communities. Believe me we are not helping people by making it easier to live off the gvt in any way other than the most temporary.

The people you are disparaging are already covered under the existing policies. What this health care bill does is to support the efforts of those who go to work every single day and still do not have affordable healthcare options.

Making it a welfare issue is about the most stupid argument I could have imagined. Guess what...you are already paying for those people.

Call it stupid if you want I do not care but we need to be doing less for people in general without the safety net or when it runs out it is amazing how much people can actually afford and actually do when given a slight kick in the ass.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:Call it stupid if you want I do not care but we need to be doing less for people in general without the safety net or when it runs out it is amazing how much people can actually afford and actually do when given a slight kick in the ass.

I know...simply amazing things. Record number of uninsured...skyrocketing health care costs...abysmal preventive care numbers and related deaths...amazing things.

Freedom is not always cheap or easy, nor does it give often optimal results. However, I will fight for freedom tooth and nail at every turn.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote:Freedom is not always cheap or easy, nor does it give often optimal results. However, I will fight for freedom tooth and nail at every turn.

If you are living in the US you already lost your freedom :) In Europe the same btw :)
Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
That ranks 2nd as the most stupid argument on this issue. Americanism/Patriotism/State Rights...all lunacy but it makes good pundit TV.

Must be stupid than but personal liberty is important to me as it is to many people, stupid to you or not.

@Vylixan that is true but that is no reason to roll over and give up more freedom at every turn. I personally vote for those that act to return freedom to the people and that is what I fight for and will continue to fight for with every election. That is the very reason that I do not support Mitt nor Obama. Will have to see who ends up running but I can tell you that neither will be getting my vote at this point.
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:Who cares about a comparason with other countries with regards to welfare spending. I do not I do not live in those other countries nor do I want to. I have lived in the projects at one time I know for a fact the mentality that is in those neighborhoods I know first hand what help is available and I know first hand the abuse of that help that is rampant and unhidden within those communities. Believe me we are not helping people by making it easier to live off the gvt in any way other than the most temporary.

The people you are disparaging are already covered under the existing policies. What this health care bill does is to support the efforts of those who go to work every single day and still do not have affordable healthcare options.

Making it a welfare issue is about the most stupid argument I could have imagined. Guess what...you are already paying for those people.

Call it stupid if you want I do not care but we need to be doing less for people in general without the safety net or when it runs out it is amazing how much people can actually afford and actually do when given a slight kick in the ass.

Charles Dickens wrote:"Are there no prisons?" asked Scrooge.

"Plenty of prisons," said the gentleman, laying down the pen again.

"And the Union workhouses?" demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?"

"They are. Still," returned the gentleman, "I wish I could say they were not."

"The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?" said Scrooge.

"Both very busy, sir."

"Oh! I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course," said Scrooge. "I'm very glad to hear it."
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:55 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:
"Oh! I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course," said Scrooge. "I'm very glad to hear it."

Yea seen that quote several times but it does not change anything. I do not care if someone is on a useful course or not or anything like that If they want to lay around and jerk off all day... if that is what floats their boat than more power to them or to me for that matter provided I am not setting around jerking my junk at the taxpayers dime I don't care what anyone else is doing or not doing.
Rob
SL Name: .

Postby Rob » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Are not ObamaCare and RomneyCare very similar? (Even though Romney will deny that now of course). So both sides, well, at least their leaders at this time, think this is a good thing. Funneh!
Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Rob wrote:Are not ObamaCare and RomneyCare very similar? (Even though Romney will deny that now of course). So both sides, well, at least their leaders at this time, think this is a good thing. Funneh!

Besides the difference of state vs federal lvl you are correct Unfortunately.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:Call it stupid if you want I do not care but we need to be doing less for people in general without the safety net or when it runs out it is amazing how much people can actually afford and actually do when given a slight kick in the ass.

I know...simply amazing things. Record number of uninsured...skyrocketing health care costs...abysmal preventive care numbers and related deaths...amazing things.

Freedom is not always cheap or easy, nor does it give often optimal results. However, I will fight for freedom tooth and nail at every turn.

Oh please. You can glorify whichever value you want, if you blindly keep fighting for any value without restraint it becomes fanaticism and not something to be praised wether you are fighting tooth and nail for justice, freedom, human rights or whatever other cause.

Letting people who can't afford their medication and treatment suffer while all the resources are abundantly available to offer it to them, in name of freedom is just crazy and shouting "freedom!" while you keep encouraging injustice, continueing the suffering of others isn't much different from shouting "Allah akbar!" while you blow yourself up and cause suffering to others. The filthy truth probably is you fanatics deserve eachother. :problem:

Return to “News”