The Angst of the Unowned Slave

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

How much RP does the unowned slave get

Plenty to include sexual RP
17%
Plenty to include sexual RP
17%
Sporadic to include sexual RP
10%
Sporadic to include sexual RP
10%
Primarily Serving Drinks & Food or slave to slave RP
15%
Primarily Serving Drinks & Food or slave to slave RP
15%
Negligible/None
8%
Negligible/None
8%

Total votes: 48
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Re: The Angst of the Unowned Slave

Postby Aphris » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Atheas Zenovka wrote:And from the opposite is the Fellow who owns and has restricted slaves but yet goes after every slave or Freewoman for that matter to take for a little hein and shein.

Thats my observation too, the regular visitors of my tavern, all had several restricted slaves in their profiles. And they constantly sought new girls. Its the type which collars-uses a girl and then looses attention.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 pm

I often see restricted, even belted slaves, doing very sexual serves or extreme flirting. Even to strangers. In my opinion they are heating a man up, but can not give him what he wants. It seems that many such girls are trained that they must play horny at every situation. Lately a restricted girl was reprimanded IC by an outrider "stop acting that way, do you want to draw attention of men, who then rape you against the will of your master!".
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Caranda wrote:
Talking about the latter: I always thought that if you wanted to be enslaved then the best way to go about it was to adopt a proper free woman or panthergirl role and get some Master (or Mistress if that's your thing) interested in you. In my experience many people find the idea of enslaving a free woman or panthergirl and "taming" her more challenging and interesting than simply collaring a girl who is already acting like a slave and is practically begging to be collared. It's also far better Gorean RP.

There is no challenge in enslaving a panther or free woman who anyway, use this role as an opportunity to get a collar... And men who place pride in this and claim that their slave was a panther or a free woman, when obviously, this one anyway, was not especially comfortable with a FW role and did her best for getting enslaved, make me smile... Because what, she will fight gently her collar one week, 10 days, for the fun of being punished, then, after, she will become a perfect devoted slave? What a challenge, indeed :D

There is a challenge with a panther or FW, enjoying her role, experienced in it, sincerely determined to remain free...
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:27 am

I think it all depends on how dynamic you are as a RPer about dropping the RP hooks to people. If you're comfortable doing more than "Paga master? Fuckee suckee 5 coppa master?" you'll do fine as a "kennel girl" or slaver house stock.

My primary RP partner now is a slaver, and I make it a point to bring the other girls in to RP. Some only want to RP with a man, and that's fine. Me, I rather enjoy RPing with both genders and I really dont care as long as the RP is decent.

I think if kennel RP was more than the "old yeller" style of just toss people who want to RP slaves but dont have a personal owner yet... and the slavers were actively trying to sell the slaves, I think the kennels would be more interesting places.

I've also been working (yes as a FW) with pushing some of the RP towards the tavern for the paga girls. To make the paga den a more bustling MALE place rather than sitting around drinking tea talking about how gorean you are.

When thyri was owned I had a lot of incidents where she'd be alone for extended periods of time. Did this halt my RP? Certainly not, I still went out there and found RP to get into. So if you're a proactive RPer, I think the unowned slave will do well, and wont be unowned long. However if the extent of their RP is "Paga master? Fuckee fuckee master? Who are you Mistress?" then you'll prolly wind up being old yeller and going on the long walk out back.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Postby Sempati » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Historically I have played Ven as ignoring the antics of most slaves, they are most of the time beneath his notice the occasional bauble to please his sense when he has time for them. He is old, arrogant, and has been high officer in many places so taking his time to coddle and appease a wandering slave is just not going to happen. Now bear in mind that is IC behaviour, OOC I understand the frustrations of the "ignored" unowned girls that do not have a dedicated owner to play with all the time however a bit of devils advocate....many of the slave players do very little to attract or set themselves apart from the hordes of boot flowers that exist. I think many are afraid because at some point they either tried to be different or pro-active and got shit kicked for it, or newer girls that just do not know any different way.

Currently, with Ven being too old and slow to fight well, he has started training girls in a certain outlaw village. Frankly been some of the most fun and rewarding RP I have done on the old guy in some time, apart from a few personal stories that are ongoing. There is a lot that can be done with a slave that is not sexual or drink service, hell much of my RP over this last weekend was simply talking to various slave ~gasps~ and learning about them. Now I am sure most girls, not all, want to have that personal owner but when men are outnumbered 5 to 1 it is not going to happen. So in the meantime Ven instead of ignoring these milling kajira now interacts with them as part of his job and is actually enjoying himself.
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
Arwyn Quandry
SL Name: Arwyn Quandry
Role: Slave
Home Stone: Imperial Ar
Owner: Darby Dollinger

Postby Arwyn Quandry » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:33 pm

I usually play my Master as an NPC because we don't see each other online much due to timezone differences. I let him know what he's been doing in my world if something major happens, but other than that I usually play him as being in a meeting somewhere in the city and having sent me away to keep from bothering him while he works - I just RP returning every once in a while to check on him or deliver food. I do plenty of RP in the meantime, mostly helping others in the city. I've bathed people, served drinks, performed sexual services, helped someone building a cage, assisted merchants and makers of every kind... It allows me a lot of freedom without being tied down to one place or scenario and gives me good reason to be wandering the streets.
Ala
SL Name: Ala
Caste: Puddin' Pop!
Role: Bondchuk
Home Stone: His feet
Owner: da Jarl dude

Postby Ala » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Aphris wrote:I often see restricted, even belted slaves, doing very sexual serves or extreme flirting. Even to strangers. In my opinion they are heating a man up, but can not give him what he wants. It seems that many such girls are trained that they must play horny at every situation. Lately a restricted girl was reprimanded IC by an outrider "stop acting that way, do you want to draw attention of men, who then rape you against the will of your master!"

I think some do want that...or rather they want the attention and then will go OOC saying "I can't be used" or ....say nothing but cry fowl to their owner and the whole thing becomes a OOC dramatic shitfest!

BUT

The other side is, a slave who is in a tavern and belted can be taught to dance and serve explicitly sexually (think of Doreen in Dancer) she was trained to excite the desires of men, while belted and eventually she was auctioned off. Just because a slave is belted does not preclude the ablilty to be sexual.

Ala is paga hot, she is a seasoned tavern slave, she /usually/ moves in a sensual way, her every arch, her every shift, her every positioning of her flesh designed to entice men's interest. Just because her owner puts a iron belt on her hips, is not going to negate that training. The fact he also added walking chains, has meant her normal insolent swagger is corrected. Her gait has been effected, and if anything she is more clumsy at the moment, and incredibly incredibly frustrated. And if anything that makes her responses heightened!

It can be good rp! It can be a lot of fun for all involved.

Now back to the NPCing of an owner. A lot of rp partnerships transcend more than the gor genre (my own included). I have no desire to wear anothers collar, but my partner rarely has time for the Gor rps. He is happy for me to play though, so his story is he is a hired guard, and currently away on business. He also hires himself to the Turmus Traders at times....so that enables us/me to travel if the need arises.

We talk about what is going on with Ala, and when he is around can pick up the storyline any time. For me, I love the time we do have in Gor, and I would be lying if I said it is easy to play without you partner around regularly. Sometimes I really have to think, be creative...and yes sometimes metagame what his character might do...but it just makes the rp time we do have in Gor all that much sweeter.
Capture the mind ~ all else will follow.

I am not a bitch ~ I just have a low tolerance for bullshit

Return to “Slaves”